Friday, May 31, 2019

Happy Friday To You! 5/31/2019

Good Morning,

I just poured the Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee into my mug and now it is time to write. Today will be a busy day at work as well as at our house.

Philippians 3:13-14 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

My sister is having a very serious surgery today that could last 8-9 hours. It is a phase in her battle with cancer. We have all been waiting for this day to arrive. Last night we all dined as a family and spent a good amount of time talking and laughing. The evening was soon over and when I awoke this morning I have a smile on my face knowing that she is finally at the step she had worked so hard to attain.



So as we face a difficult day I am reminded that a few months ago it looked very bleak. Today we have hope and are ready to face the day. Please accept my wish for all of you to have a happy Friday. Each day brings a new dawn. And this is a dawn that I am happy to embrace. Remember a day is only 24 hours and then it is over.

God Bless,

Marty

4 comments:

  1. Marty, we will be praying for Laurie, we experienced this same surgery with my brother in law several years back. It is a long wait for it to be over but our LORD will get you through. Will pray for you and your family.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending up prayers for your sister to have a successful surgery, and speedy, uneventful recovery. May God guide the hands of her surgeon and her entire healthcare team!

    ReplyDelete