Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Natural Decorations For The Yard 5/21/2019

Good Morning,

The aroma of my Door County Caramel Pecan Scones   Coffee is permeating the house and calling me to the kitchen for a cup of wake up juice. Let's get this Tuesday started.



Rene and I spent a good part of the night working on the yard yesterday. As I drove the tractor around our property I could pick up the scent of the lilacs. All of the apple trees are just about in full bloom. This is one of the best times of the year for me. The air is filled with the aroma of the lilacs and the vision what might be a big crop of apples in the fall gets to me every year. I can just picture that first apple pie. I caught Rene with her nose buried in the lilac bushes. When she realized that I had been watching her she looked like the little kid who got caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

Genesis 2:9 New International Version (NIV)
The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

I reminded her that she should stop and smell the lilacs every day for soon they will be gone and we have to wait until next year to bury our faces in the scent of a lilac bush. A small cutting of lilacs made it into the house and now the place smells wonderful. I wonder how that happened?

Next winter I will be doing just what I have done for the last 25 years. I go out in the dead of winter and stare at the lilac bushes. The bushes are bare of leaves and a  flower is just a memory in January. As cold as it might be that day while I look at the dormant branches, I will recall yesterday.The day that God decorated our trees with blossoms.

Stop and take the time to admire the decorations God placed around you.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment