Friday, May 10, 2019

The Carpenter's Tool Box 5/10/2019

I wrote this in May of 2013 and as I looked back in my library I decided to do a rerun of a special day of mine. So bear with me. I rarely publish a repeat, but after looking at the old tool box in the living room I decided to share again. The coffee is the same though!!!

Good Morning,
Once again it is Monday. I will be drinking a large cup of Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee as soon as I hit the road for work.
Yesterday I traveled to Sheboygan Wisconsin for a couple hours of work. My wife and I attend a Saturday evening church service in Greenfield Wisconsin. You will find us there most every Saturday, because I do about 90% of the preaching for that service. So I try not to work on the Sabbath but occasionally I have to put in some weekend duty.
My wife was able to travel with me and while I worked she read a book and within two hours we were back on the road. We decided to tour the quaint harbor of Sheboygan which is situated on the shores of Lake Michigan. We had lunch at a place called "The Mucky Duck" and then proceeded to check out some antique shops. We did make a purchase. We found an antique tool box that was hand crafted somewhere around the early 1900's. It is in very good shape and you could tell from the company name on the side that it was used to carry carpenters tools. As we drove home we talked about how we would put the tool box to use and where it would be within our home. We then talked about how Jesus was the Earthly son of a carpenter and how he had to learn a trade. Once going forth into His ministry, the tools Jesus used changed. He performed miracles, displayed love and compassion. He taught from Scripture and spent much time  in prayer. If we are to be imitators of God. Do we pray for miracles? Do we fill our tool boxes with love , compassion and Scripture each day before we head into the world. Are we ready each day to do God's work?

Ephesians 5 New King James Version (NKJV)

Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.


Think about it. Ready for work?

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment