Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Today Is The Day 5/29/2019

Good Morning,

I just poured myself a large cup of Brownie Batter Coffee and then I prayed. Lot's to pray about today.



Later this afternoon my wife Rene will walk out of the medical center for the last time as an employee. Her retirement day has come after working in the Radiology Arena for what seems to be a lifetime. Now that I think about it, a lifetime it was. We met back in 1983 when she taught me how to develop x-ray films. I was introduced to her in the dark room where films were developed. What a way to start. It wasn't too long into 1983 that I knew I had found a good friend in her. It was August 11th 1984 that we experienced our first date. That day I knew I wanted more in a relationship from my friend. Rene brought laughter to a soul that had none. The laugh was all out of me by then.


Proverbs 16:3 English Standard Version (ESV)
Commit your work to the Lord,

    and your plans will be established.

Rene has always been known as a hard worker. As our careers took us to different medical centers I would always hear from her managers and coworkers what a good worker she was. That never surprised me because she has been working hard for a thousand years making our house a home worth coming home to.

I am proud of her and to tell you the truth there have been days when I just thought that my job would get the best of me. But then Rene's pager would go off and she would get called in to the Cath Lab to save lives with the team she was on. Then my job didn't seem so tough.  She received some thank you notes over the years from patients who expressed their gratitude for a middle of the night smile and hand that was held.

So today my health care warrior hangs up her radiation badge and packs away her scrubs. Job well done Hon!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment