Thursday, May 30, 2019

Planting The Good Seeds 5/30/2019

Good Evening,

Due to strange circumstances I was unable to write this morning. I did however enjoy a big cup of Door County Birthday Cake Coffee this morning. Our life is just a little strayed away from the ordinary right now.

Philippians 2:3 English Standard Version (ESV)
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

When I arrived home tonight I found my newly retired wife planting flowers and seeds in her garden. She was grinning from ear to ear when I got home as she asked "How Does It Look" as she pointed to her flowered emporium of petals. I said it was nice and that it will look better in a couple of weeks when everything starts to grow into it's space.



I asked her how she felt about it and her answer was strange to me at first, but I get it now. "I hope those folks driving by or walking past these flowers find them pleasing. Maybe they will brighten some one's day. They brighten mine" That said it all for me. As usual Rene is either consciously or unconsciously doing something for others.

I wish I had her kind of attitude toward life. I am not always thinking of others and it is a shame to be that way. Rene tends to always put others first. She sets a good example for me to follow.

She tends to plant good seeds with whatever she does. I know a lot of people like her and they are always happier than most people because their hearts beat for others. If you point them out they disappear from the the applause of others.

Food For Thought!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment