Sunday, May 5, 2019

Just One Day 5/5/2019

Good Morning,

No coffee for me today. I just spent a late night working into this morning and the last thing I need is caffeine to keep me awake. My hope is to sleep for awhile and then get the chain saw started and plant some tomatoes.



We attended church last night and as soon as the service was over I went to work. It  is not very often that we miss attending church. Way too many families miss attending church for way too many weak reasons. I had one man tell me that his family needed a break, so they did not attend Saturday and then they all slept in on Sunday. I believe that Dad was just a little lazy.


Hebrews 10:25 King James Version (KJV)

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Many people attend church to receive a word from God, experience some fellowship, or just to belong. But these reasons do not seem to be strong enough to pull people into consistent attendance. They come to RECEIVE. Not to GIVE of themselves, their talents or possibly some financial support. I can say, I actually attend church to serve God first and then others. My good friend exemplifies this trait. I admire how he always puts others first.

John 4:34 New International Version (NIV)

34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

My friend would rather miss a meal or two than not serve at church for the benefit of others. I often wonder how people can go for weeks without worshiping and praying with other people. The lame excuses I hear are poor to say the least.

The psalmist says it best when that when he states that it is better to be in God's court for one day, than a thousand elsewhere. There is no place that I would rather be than in the house of God with believers loving one another and serving the Lord.

Psalm 84:10 New International Version (NIV)

10 Better is one day in your courts

    than a thousand elsewhere;

I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
    than dwell in the tents of the wicked

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment