Thursday, May 2, 2019

Help Me If I Fall 5/2/2019

Good Morning,

I have just poured a cup of Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee and I could pick up the aroma all the way from the bed room even before my feet hit the floor.

Psalm 37:23-24 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,

And He delights in his way.

24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the Lord upholds him with His hand.




Last December I had both knee joints replaced and it was not the easiest adventure I have ever set out on. The weather was fine for the first three weeks of the journey.Then the snow and ice hit. My biggest fear and I know one of my wife's fears was that I would experience a fall on my new joints. My legs were a little feeble and I wasn't as sure footed as I once was. I would be lying if I said that I didn't have any falls. One can't live with a Springer Spaniel and not tangle legs now and then. Neither of my two falls were critical nor did I sustain any injuries except to bruise my pride. My worst fall came from falling out of bed. I certainly cannot blame the weather. What made it the worst was that it was in the first week of coming home from the hospital. I found myself laid out on the floor with nothing to grab and pull myself up.



I rolled over on my belly and crawled to the door. The door and Rene's dresser were just what I needed to get a grip and pull myself up. My legs kicked in a little and soon I was up and hobbling back into bed safe and sound. As careful as I was I experienced two minor falls. One inside and one outside in the yard.

Life is a lot like knee replacements. Life deals us all a set back or twenty but if we are following God and delight in Him, though we fall we are picked back up and set on the path He has for us. Those paths might be bumpy, but the Lord holds are hand and holds us steady.

So today, as I once had to cling to a walker or a cane, let us delight to cling in the support of God and move on despite the falls.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment