Monday, May 6, 2019

Tranquility It's Not That Hard To Find 5/6/2019

Good Morning,

I am just a wee bit tired from the activities of this last weekend. Wow, a little yard work and a lot of fresh air did me in. I heard the  Door County Chocolate Strawberry Coffee start drip in to the pot. Let's go Monday!



Yesterday I was able to take some time and study a little from patio. I visited my old friend the picnic table and for company our furry Springer Spaniel Gibbs joined me. I enjoyed a cup of coffee and about 45 minutes of prayer and study.

Someone once said "in order to jump out of an airplane and experience a parachute ride back to Earth, one needs first, to get into the plane."

Genesis 18 New International Version (NIV)

18 The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground.
He said, “If I have found favor in your eyes, my lord, do not pass your servant by. Let a little water be brought, and then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree. Let me get you something to eat, so you can be refreshed and then go on your way—now that you have come to your servant.”
“Very well,” they answered, “do as you say.”

No one can parachute from a plane that they did not get into and allow the pilot to take off and leave the ground. Life is often filled with unfinished goals or incomplete bucket lists. I spoke with a fella a few years ago, who wanted so badly to be part of his estranged family. He would talk about it, but when there was an opportunity to be with the family he avoided the day and the area like the plague. He wasn't willing to get into the plane of reconciliation. He has yet to make the plunge into forgiveness and a relationship with a family he misses.

I have committed to spending more time in prayer for two people suffering from major illnesses. Yesterday was a perfect weather day and I was on a roll with my chores. I new I hadn't spent time with God and in prayer. As I looked at the picnic table I knew God was saying to me to rest and spend time with Him. He was willing to stay with me, enjoy the yard He gave us and recharge me spiritually and physically. If I am going to find peace and tranquility, and good prayer time I need to commit to jumping each day from the plane of busyness and concern for self. I cannot parachute and experience riding on God's wings if I don't get into the plane of commitment. Once started, the plane takes off and you are on it. Then you decide to jump in and enjoy the time.

I could sense that God was in the yard with me and he was concerned with what I was praying about. There was such peace in that 45 minutes that I had to write about it,



No comments:

Post a Comment