Sunday, May 26, 2019

The Bubble Disappeared 5/26/2019

Good Morning,

I just started brewing a pot of Door County Frosted Cinnamon Buns Coffee. I have already been outside with our dog and it looks like it has the makings of a beautiful day. My goal is to be watching the sunrise while sipping on a cup of coffee.



On March 12th of this year I underwent surgery to repair the retina in my right eye. To promote healing, part of the process is to inject a gas bubble into the eye. It literally had the sensation of trying to see through the bubble on a carpenters level. The bubble was supposed to dissolve over time. For a long time it didn't shrink at all. A few weeks ago during the followup visit to the surgeon he announced that it had begun to shrink but not as much he thought it should have. He told me to be patient and that it would get smaller day by day. It seemed to be in a stall out mode.

Psalm 66:17-20 English Standard Version (ESV)
17 I cried to him with my mouth,
    and high praise was on my tongue.
18 If I had cherished iniquity in my heart,
    the Lord would not have listened.
19 But truly God has listened;
    he has attended to the voice of my prayer.
20 Blessed be God,
    because he has not rejected my prayer
    or removed his steadfast love from me!

The bubble wasn't the worst thing I have ever experienced but it was nagging at me. Anytime spent in the sunlight was annoying and at times painful. Bright lights at night were a real headache. (Literally)

Many people have been praying for me and some knew that I was getting discouraged by the slow process. I asked God many times to heal me and move the bubble to it's final resting place, with no answer to my pleas.

Friday night was a long night of prayer and I would say some complaining. There was very little sleep. Yesterday I spent some time with our grandson and the walk we took had no sunshine because of the threatening clouds. I was thankful for a cloudy day. But something was different. I couldn't place it.

While showering later, it dawned on me. The bubble hadn't just shrunk, it was GONE completely.

The nuisance was nowhere to be seen. (Literally). God, in His own time honored my prayers and it was instantly when it happened. I did not even notice it when it happened.


Isaiah 40:31 King James Version (KJV)
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint

Now the healing process goes into another phase with a small surgery needing to be done. This was a miracle and I praise God for hearing my prayers and allowing me to heal in a big way. The irritant is over and I can watch the sun come up without closing my eye or squinting. And wouldn't you know, it's cloudy outside. Looks like I have to wait another day for that sunrise. Now for that cup of coffee.

Have a great day! 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment