Thursday, May 16, 2019

Four Letter Words For Marriage

Good Morning,

Thursday it is and I plan on enjoying it. I just poured a big cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee. A little time for prayer and now it's time to write.



I decided to write about something that by now I should be an expert in. But after writing this blog I realize that I still have a lot to learn.

Here's the deal. Marriage is made up of several four letter words.

1. Love.
1 John 4:7  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

2. Work
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:

10 If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!

11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?

12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.


3.Bear
Ephesians 4:2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,

We love one another and I cannot imagine what life would be like without Rene. But it takes love. We both love God and that is the best place to start. God teaches us how to love unconditionally. Rene loved me so much that she never said a word about the crock pot I bought her on our first Christmas. She never used it, but she never complained. Just recently I said "boy did I blow that first Christmas with a crock pot." I received a smile and a laugh. I was told "not that bad I stuck around for a lot more."

Work at your marriage. You will see as you get older it pays off as health deteriorates and you rely on each other more. Working together right away in the beginning sets a pattern for later. It becomes a joy and labor of love. Rene was a huge help to me during my knee replacements.

Bear. I did not need Rene nor did she need me. We chose to share the rest of our lives together. That means the good and the bad. Sometimes it's tough to live with me. Imagine that????? And at times Rene has a stubborn streak. But is it really worth an argument? Not really, accept each other and bear up with each others weird habits and imperfections at times. It is more peaceful and often brings a laugh.

I better remember the cashews!
Love to all,

Marty


2 comments:

  1. Thought I was the only one to make such a purchase. Thanks for sharing.
    Love you both
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. I also bought a fishing pole for Rene that year. Eventually I sold it.

      Delete