Saturday, May 4, 2019

Moved Out To The Patio. What A Morning! 5/4/2019

Good Morning,



This sun is coming up in fine fashion this morning and my Door County Raspberry Almond Coffee tastes exceptionally great today. I decided to write from the patio for the first time this year. The weather dropped a light frost on the grass, but being outside with a cup of coffee and dog who is chasing sparrows is as good as it gets. Sometimes it's the little things in life that start out a day just right.
Job 12:7-10 English Standard Version (ESV)
“But ask the beasts, and they will teach you;

    the birds of the heavens, and they will tell you;
or the bushes of the earth, and they will teach you;[a]
    and the fish of the sea will declare to you.
Who among all these does not know
    that the hand of the Lord has done this?
10 In his hand is the life of every living thing
    and the breath of all mankind.


It's that time of the year again, where I can see the buds starting to open on the apple trees in our yard. They aren't much to look at yet, but I am hoping for a great display of blossoms and later this fall some sweet apples to eat and share. I recall planting two of the trees in 1994. It took two years to get around twenty apples. When I think of all the apple products we have eaten and the apples we have shared with others I cannot help but to believe in God.

Apples are a hearty fruit and can be used for many different dishes. They can be preserved and I for one like apple jelly. When we planted the trees we asked for God to bless them with health and good crops. I did that again this morning. Some years the harvest was lean and in other years the results were a bounty that was almost too big to handle.

I learned to appreciate all the crops no matter the size. We were never left without any apples. I believe God knew when the trees needed a rest. I find peace in our yard every year by just watching His majestic trees feed us year after year.This old picnic table where I sit was also made in 1994 and has survived harsh winters and one tornado.

Friends find your sweet spot in life today. Have a cup of coffee and enjoy some quiet and watch God at work in the nature around you.  I am and it is so peacful.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment