Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Hibiscus Tree 5/8/2019

Good Morning,

This morning started with prayer and a cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee. I guess if you have to start a day, this is a good way to get going.

Last night before it chilled off a little too much the evening found my wife and I in the front yard planting a small tree in our flower garden. We then went into the garage and pulled down some pots and planters that needed some touching up before flowers are planted. Some paint and varnish go a long way in making the old chairs and milk stools look good. Everything in Rene's garden has a purpose and she knows just what she wants to plant and where. The last few years we have been planting a Hibiscus tree or two in the garden. I am fond of the way they color a garden.




We went plant shopping last Saturday and I noticed that Rene had not purchased a Hibiscus tree. I didn't ask why, but I was not surprised to find one in the garage last night. I asked her if she wanted it planted last night and she said "yes please". Later I asked her why she wanted it planted right away. She replied. "I watch you when you come home from work and you always stop to look at the flowers for a minute. I see they way you smile when you view the Hibiscus. The sooner that thing blooms the sooner I will see that smile. You are a man through and through, die hard hunter, and a good family man. But when I see you smile at the flowers it reminds me that you have a sensitive side and probably prayed over the plants. When you smile it makes me smile. When I saw this one at the sore it reminded me of you. It's not too tall, and has a solid base, it will withstand a storm and brave the wind. So I bought it and know you will enjoy seeing it grow."

Song of Solomon 6:2 New King James Version (NKJV)
My beloved has gone to his garden,

To the beds of spices,
To feed his flock in the gardens,
And to gather lilies.

I pondered her words last night and really didn't talk much all evening. I had no idea that she watches me in the yard and knows my habit of taking a minute outside before coming in. I concluded that I would never want anyone but her watching me and buying flowers for our yard. I looked up for a moment and thanked God for my "Loving Spy" the Hibiscus Queen.

Be thankful for someone today. They know you at your worst and your best. Tell them you are grateful to God for putting them in your life.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment