Sunday, November 30, 2014

Becuase He Lives 11/30/2014

Good Morning Friends,

I just received notice that two of my friends were blessed last night with the arrival of a baby boy. All is well with both mother and child. An early Christmas gift from God for them. How nice is that? Also this weekend a dear friend of mine fell down a flight of stairs injuring herself and will be recovering for a long, long time. How sad is that?

My mug is filled with Door County Christmas Coffee. I sit back and wonder about the blessing and the fall as I sip this hot java. It's times like these that I very often find myself singing an Old Hymn of reassurance. "Because He Lives" gets sung in the shower. Yes I am a shower choir member. No one needs to hear this noise but God. This will be the last day for us to look at and share some of these old songs for awhile. So enjoy this one. Go to a used book store or a church that might have these old hymns in print. Pick up a hymnal and keep it. They are all going to be scarce soon. Not many churches have them around anymore. The music is all shown on a video screen, and has beautiful new music for us. But these treasures will be lost some day if not preserved. One sits on our fireplace mantel.


HYMN
Because He Lives

(Verse 1)
God sent his son
They called him Jesus
He came to love
Heal and forgive
He lived and died
To buy my pardon
An empty grave
Is there to prove
My Savior lives

(Chorus)
Because he lives
I can face tomorrow
Because he lives
All fear is gone
Because I know
He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because he lives

(Verse 2)
How sweet to hold
A newborn baby
And feel the pride
And joy he gives
But greater still
The calm assurance
This child can face
Uncertain days
Just Because he lives

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
And then one day
I'll cross the river
I'll fight life's final war with pain
And then as death
Gives way to victory
I'll see the lights
Of glory and
I'll know he lives
 
Hebrews 7:25          Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.

Have a great day. God Bless,

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment