Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Isaiah And His Dad 11/5/2014 Isaiah And His Dad 11/5/2014 ====

Good Morning,

I awoke in anticipation of a long day. Second set of knee procedures this morning will take place good and early. My coffee is Door County Cherry Crème today. looking forward to some ice packs tonight.

1 Timothy 4:12New King James Version (NKJV)
12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

On Tuesday evenings our church's Men's Ministry gathers for Bible study. The ages of the men in the group are all over the place from young to old. We just finished studying the 2 epistles written to the Thessalonians. The study was very interactive and I learned a lot.

What I enjoyed most is a kid named Isaiah who attends with his dad. Isaiah is about 14 and comes with his dad to our study. He is very polite and quite thoughtful. Isaiah comes with his dad because he wants to. He spends an hour and a half with guys 5 times his age. He listens to the lesson and offers his thoughts when he has something to share. He is not intimidated by the older guys and is accepted as "one of the gang". We are all glad to have him there with us.
Our group will be sponsoring the annual steak outing for a couple hundred men on Friday. Isaiah will be there, not only to pound down a steak but also to help with the set up and clean up.
I have known Isaiah for quite a long time and have watched him grow into a very nice young man who loves the Lord and has a burden for lost souls. His folks have done a good job of raising both of their kids.

Here's what I know about their formula. They spend time with each of them. They pray with their kids, not at them. They share the Bible with them. They take them to church. They correct them when they need it. They are parents, not their kid's friends. My friend has had his son hanging around the men of our church for a long time. Many guys shared time and a kind word with Isaiah. You see the parents are doing their job and not relying on the church to do it for them. They set the example and the church assists.

Way to go Isaiah. We are proud to have been a part of your life and hope to be a part for a long time.

God bless,

Marty

4 comments:

  1. We are honored to be a part of your blog today. Thanks for being like a dad to me, I'll need it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marty. Thank you for making your daily blog about me and my dad. It made my day. You guys are like a second family to me and I enjoy being around you. I hope you have a good day. Love, Isaiah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. It has been fun to watch you grow. You are a good man.

      Delete