Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I'm In A Hurry, But God Isn't 11/4/2014

Good Morning,

My day is beginning with a hot steamy cup of Door County Autumn Spice coffee. Out of the door, into the Jeep listening to my favorite Gospel radio station. Amen!

Phillips Brooks wrote "The trouble is that I am in a hurry, but God isn't."  We can all admit that at one time or another it has been hard to wait on God. The hard cold reality is this. Despite the circumstances we can do nothing whatsoever to hurry God. All things are done in His time and His way. Waiting on God during a trial and weaknesses can show just how God carries us through especially if His answer to our situation is no. The Apostle Paul wrote;

2 Corinthians 12:9-11New King James Version (NKJV)
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

This statement from Paul came after he petitioned God to relieve a burden that he carried and the answer was no. God assures Paul that He carries us when we are in need and with His strength to uphold us we have power to endure.

Slow down and quit emphasizing the rush and need. Slow down and experience God carrying you. To focus on the need and rushing God's answer robs us of time with God where He wants to show us how in Him we can be strong and carry on.

Faster is not always better.

God bless,
Marty

1 comment: