Friday, November 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Dad 11/7/2014

Good Morning,

Friday at last. Boy,  yesterday was a long day. This morning my coffee is Door County Pumpkin Spice.


Today is my Dad's birthday. I can't help but feel a little melancholy today. My dad is getting on in years and so am I. There are a lot of fond memories to think about today. But each year about this time I go back in my memory vault and can picture Dad painting a bedroom and he was singing a Doris Day song. Only people my age or older will know the song. I was a very little boy about that time. Happy Birthday Dad. Love ya!


"Que Sera, Sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be"
He liked to sing and he sang songs throughout the day. But this one stuck with me. "The future's not ours to see" is so true. We don't know from one day to the next what the future holds. But I know this "I know Who holds the future".
 
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
 
We all try to think ahead and make a road-map for our lives. I am here to tell you that God has declared in his word that He already has plans for your life. So don't worry about tomorrow, today has it's own worries. Live each day, one day at a time.

God bless,
Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment