Saturday, November 15, 2014

Ducks With Nick 11/15/2014

Good Afternoon,

My coffee earlier today was Door County Candy Cane. It filled my thermos and kept me warm as I hunted ducks with my nephew on a somewhat frozen lake in Wisconsin. The funny part of the coffee was this. I was just taking a nice drink of the brew when the ducks came in. I dropped the cup and started shooting.

I was hunting today with my Nephew Nick. You could say he lives to hunt. This morning as Gibbs was bringing in the last of the three ducks we shot I couldn't help but see the big grin on Nick's face. It reminded me of a time when he was a baby and tasted his first Pepsi. That was a site to see. Nick eats what he shoots. Nothing goes to waste. He won't shoot what he won't eat.  I think we should all think about how much we waste from time to time. We should be good stewards of what God has given us. Wasting anything is a sin. Let's waste less and share more. How much bread gets tossed out before the loaf is eaten because the bread is green with mold? Maybe purchase smaller loaves.???? Or if you can buy two and give one to the poor. But one and give half to a friend.


Think about what you are about to waste. Freeze it, dry it, can it, SHARE IT but don't waste it.

Leviticus 19:9-10        
“When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment