Saturday, November 22, 2014

Ice Skating 11/22/2014

Good Morning,

This has been a weird month for weather. Some states have seen 6 feet or more of snow. I keep hearing about global warming. I can't say that I am really convinced that it is warmer. It seems as if winter last longer. My coffee this morning is a hot cup of Door County Candy Cane. Hunting is on hold because of an ice storm this morning. Better to be safe than sorry. I am convinced that the time at home was allotted by God so I could spend some time on the phone with a dear friend who was awake very early like I was. Early morning prayer just seems to be the best!

When I was a kid it was very popular to ice skate during the winter. Our city had plenty of frozen ponds or flooded fields which the park commission actually groomed for kids and adults to enjoy. I really never learned how to skate very well. I was usually bruised and sore from my outings. But it was good exercise and great fun socially. I did learn that if one wanted to skate better it was important to keep your skates sharpened.

Our brains work better when we exercise them also. I find it harder and harder to remember things. Have you ever set your car keys down and then wondered where you left them 10 minutes later? I read that a good exercise for keeping the brain sharp is memorization. OK, if I have to exercise my mind and train it to remember, than why not memorize a Bible verse or two?

Proverbs 25:11 says, “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.” That is a beautiful way of saying, When the heart full of God’s love can draw on the mind full of God’s word,  blessings can flow from your speech.

Exercise and keep your mind fit.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment