Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bacon And Eggs 11/20/2014

Good Morning,

Today is starting earlier than usual for me. My coffee is Door County Candy Cane. It is very cold this morning and I am so thankful for a Jeep with heat. There was a time in my life when we could not afford to repair the heater in my car and I decided to go through the winter without it. So every cold morning that I get into my car and it starts and just a little later starts producing heat makes me say a little prayer of thanks.

I have been known to enjoy a good plate of fried eggs and bacon with a side of toast and jelly. I like heavily smoked bacon, preferably smoked in cherry wood. Now that is knowing what you like. I like my bacon crisp, but not burnt. add some fried potatoes with onions and I have the perfect breakfast. Add the Door County Coffee to wash it all down and it went from perfect to superb!

Now you would think that all that food would be enough to make a great day. Something is missing in that menu for me. I need to hear from God in the morning. I need to spend time in prayer. I need my spiritual plate filled more than I need bacon and eggs. To hear from God, one has to open His word, pray, read and listen for the Holy Spirit to speak through what you read.

Deuteronomy 8:3New King James Version (NKJV)
So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.


Charles Spurgeon the London pastor from a century ago, said,

Our seasons of fasting and prayer at the Tabernacle have been high days indeed; never has Heaven's gate stood wider; never have our hearts been nearer the central Glory.

Heaven's gates are open wide and God desires to spend time with us. We just need to take time and make Him the priority.

 Jeremiah 29:12-14English Standard Version (ESV)
12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, declares the Lord,

We just served up some food for thought. Hungry anyone?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment