Monday, November 3, 2014

Take Cover! 11/3/2014

Good Morning Dear Friends,

My coffee this morning is an old favorite. Door County Cherry Crème is filling my cup this fine Monday morning.

The picture you are looking at is my faithful hunting companion Gibbs. Gibbs is actually between my legs in a layout hunting blind. It is like a glorified camouflage sleeping bag that you lay in and blend in with a corn, or an alfalfa field. Gibbs goes in lays down and waits for me to shoot. He then on command leaves the blind and retrieves the duck or goose that we shot. He is safe and concealed in the blind. He stays dry and warm. A second bonus  is that he is like a little heater for me too. It is very important that he does not come out too soon and interfere with the shooting. Gibbs is still young and we have had our battle of wills over this lesson. He, like any dog wants to see what is going on. He has to wait for my command to spring into action. Many times this is done in the dark of early, early morning. Now for a dog like Gibbs that is extremely hard to do. But for the hunt to be good and safe for all he must rely on my word and trust me.

Friends life is just the same for us. We often walk in the darkness of the world. But we have a Source we can trust.

Proverbs 3:5-6New King James Version (NKJV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
 Psalm 119:105King James Version (KJV)
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
 
 

We can know the way and wait on a word to keep us on track. God is in command and we need to listen.

God Bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment