Thursday, November 13, 2014

Chili Time 11/13/2014

Good Morning,

My Coffee this morning is a very hot cup of Door County Red Velvet Mocha. The brew is going down very well today as I head off to work. I do enjoy the colder weather. The coffee always tastes better and I can eat the foods I really enjoy.

Soups and stews just seem to taste better when it is cold outside. Rene and I have some soup mugs that we fill up and then add some crackers to our chili. She likes some shredded cheese on her chili. I like to add some sour cream to the top of mine. As we eat, our hands surround the mug which warms our fingers. We discuss our day, pray a thanksgiving prayer and just enjoy our supper together. There are many times when we light a fire in the fireplace while dining on a bowl of chili or soup.

To me those nights are priceless. They are simple and pretty much describe our lives together. We keep it simple. Simple seems to make us most content. It can be snowing and blowing outside and we just don't seem to care. We are together, warm, fed well, and talking.

Ecclesiastes 9:9English Standard Version (ESV)
Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of your vain life that he has given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life and in your toil at which you toil under the sun.

Last week a someone said to me that their marriage "will be over once their son is 18. No need to stay together". Then he said "I wish we could be happy like you". This statement saddened me. I told this young man that with plans like that he would never be happy and that he will miss out on the plan that God has for young men and marriage. You see, we are now much older than we were when we first married. But I am still enjoying the wife of my youth. As we get older the earlier days are memories we can share, laugh about and appreciate the growth together. The same chili we enjoyed many years ago is the same chili we enjoy today, and maybe even more.

Proverbs 5:18-23New International Version (NIV)
18 May your fountain be blessed,
    and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.19 A loving doe, a graceful deer
    may her breasts satisfy you always,may you ever be intoxicated with her love.

Now you can see just how simple God intends it to be. Eat chili, hold hands, enjoy talking and listening, make a fire, watch it glow and go out.

Enjoy the day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment