Sunday, November 23, 2014

Staying Up Late 11/23/2014

Good Morning,

Time to wake up and smell the coffee. Mine is door County Caramel Apple. I hope your cup is overflowing with blessings today and that you are well rested.

Rene and I are total opposites when it comes to sleep. If she has a day off her idea of a good time is to stay up late and then sleep in the next day. I however am a creature of habit. I like to go to bed at a reasonable hour no matter what and rise early to greet the day.

But there are times when I can't sleep because something or someone is on my mind. Many times it is a work situation that I am trying to solve or a church need. A loved one in trouble or who might be ill causes me to miss some sleep too. I think we all can relate.

Psalm 121:3–4
He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

I have come to the conclusion that on my own in the middle of the night I have very little chance of solving anything. I can however go to God 24/7 and ask Him to solve the issues and if He desires to He can grant me rest. I can read the Bible and ask Him for wisdom and peace  in the middle of the night. I am never alone. With technology being what it is I can also look at my computer and see if there are friends or family awake. I can pray for them. If they see that I am active on-line they can contact me to chat.

But the important thing to know is that on my own, I just worry for nothing. My worry cannot solve a thing. Going to the Lord anytime is the best solution to any worry or fear.
Well, let me reassure you. God is wide awake and tuned in to your situation.

Rest well, rest often.

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment