Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veterans Day 11/11/2014

Good Morning,

I am getting this day started with a hot cup of Door County Hawaiian Hazelnut Coffee. The temperature outside is getting colder and we are preparing for the freezing weather that is on our door step. I just placed my order for some holiday coffee flavors from the Door County Coffee Company. Look out holidays here I come!

Today in America we honor our veterans. For me the veteran closest to my heart is that United States Marine I call Dad. This old warrior still salutes the flag, says he would be ready to fight again, and faithfully serves at every funeral for the veterans who pass on in his area. I guess he never really stopped serving.

Dad likes a good steak with fried potatoes, doesn't mind Spam, and enjoys his coffee. Until he recently stopped hunting, always shot his deer with one shot, right in the neck. He believes that if you are able, you should work. He also believes in sharing with those who can't work. That's my veteran.

But as with all veterans that I know, they don't want much from those they fought for. You might not even know a veteran but they all called you FRIEND. I guess that is what they desire most and that is to be acknowledged as "Friend". They all laid it on the line for us. Say thanks today and consider them your best friends.

John 15:13King James Version (KJV)
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

God bless our veterans.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment