Thursday, November 6, 2014

Gentle On My Mind 11/6/2014

Good Morning,

I am enjoying a big cup of Door County Maple Coffee. It seems as if I am moving a little slower today with these sore knees. I am hoping they are better by Friday. Just need to be patient and content.

Country Western singer Glen Campbell sang a song "Gentle On My Mind". I heard the song once again last night on the Country Music Awards show. It made me think about a what goes through my mind all day and sometimes into the night. There are work issues every day, hunting decisions, illnesses, taxes, who to vote for, family considerations, balancing schedules and many, many, other things each and every day. Sometimes my mind seems like Chicago's O Hare Airport and I am the only air traffic controller on duty.

But there is one thing and one thing only that is always Gentle On My Mind. That one thing is the thought of how much God loves me. That one thought is always easy to think about and never causes any stress.

Zephaniah 3:17New King James Version (NKJV)
17 The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”
 
Just to know that God is there with me is gentle on my mind. Sit back, close your eyes and know He loves you. Watch your mind ease up a little.
 
God bless,
 
Marty
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great song! I love Glen. That reminds me I missed the awards! But good thing to remember when life gets hectic.

    ReplyDelete