Friday, November 14, 2014

Apple Wood 11/14/2014

Good Morning,

Happy Friday to all. I just broke out the holiday coffee. My first pot of the season is Door County Jingle Bell Java.



Deuteronomy 4:9         
“Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children's children


I guess I am a holiday kind of guy. The Mrs. has already started to break out the Christmas decorations. Bring on the Christmas shopping.

Over this last year I have written about our apple trees and the great spring blossoms. Then I wrote about the large harvest of fruit that will be enjoyed all winter.

Now it is time to trim and prune the branches. In the cold of winter some of the dead branches need to be removed so the trees will continue to blossom and produce fruit. Even some of the good branches need to be cut in order for the sun to hit the apples in the center of the tree next summer.

My wife asked me if I wanted her to haul the branches to the local dump for disposal. I explained to her that I will be saving them for a purpose. I will cut them up into smaller pieces and use them for smoking meat. I love smoked pork loin and smoked pheasant.

Even in it's death the apple tree leaves a sweet taste. What about you? If you died tomorrow how would you be remembered? In your passing would you still produce fruit?

This is written to grandparents. Grandma and Grandpa you have big responsibilities to stand in the gap in this busy life and pass on to your kids and grandkids what you have learned. You have the job to set the example of Godly living. Your legacy lives on through your kids and grand kids. What will it be?

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment