Thursday, June 13, 2024

When It Is Hot, Go Swimming 6/13/2024

 Good Morning,

I just sat down to write and next to me is a hot cup of Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee. It is time to write. 

 Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything under heaven.


Yesterday the weather heated up and it is supposed to be hot today as well. I decided yesterday afternoon that after dinner I was going to take our two dogs swimming. In addition to our two dogs we have our nephews' dog also staying with us while he is out of town. So after dinner I packed up some training dummies and headed to a local pond. I wasn't really interested in any training of the dogs, I just wanted them to play and enjoy the cool water. 

Those three were bundles of energy and they ran and swam for about thirty minutes. I dried them off with towels and took them home. All three of them were asleep by 9:00 PM . They were content, cool and secure.  Those dogs are like children to us and my point for the day is this. I threw dummies into the water for them to retrieve and all three experienced the fun of playing fetch. On the way home I had the windows open on the truck and of course they had their noses into the wind like dogs do.  Sometimes dads have to stop being serious for awhile and just play with the kids. I can vividly remember the times my own dad stopped what he was doing just to play a little basketball with me and my friends. All three of those dogs are well trained to hunt and last night just needed to be play time.

So dads, now and then you just have to be a kid again yourself. The water is always more refreshing when dad is in there with you. There is a time to be serious and then there is a time for fun.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment