Sunday, June 23, 2024

A Thought For A Rainy Sunday Morning. 6/23/2024

 Good Morning,

 I just sat down at my desk and next to me lying on the floor are our two English Springer Spaniels . They were outside running in the rain laden grass and have been fed. Pretty soon they will be asleep, but ready to roll the minute I move.  I am drinking a stiff cup of Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee. Life is good. 

About forty five minutes ago I placed a pork shoulder roast in the smoker closed the lid and I will check it in about five hours. If my calculations are correct the large roast will be done in 8-10 hours. I am taking it very slowly and am in no rush to be finished. 

Rene and I will be attending a wedding today for two good friends of ours and that also is very low key and I am looking forward to a great time celebrating with them. 

My point for letting you know what we are doing this morning and today is just to help set a pattern of having us all enjoy our Sunday. If you did not attend church last night , make sure that your Sunday includes the Lord and worship with your friends and family. 

Take some time to pray for peace in the world and specifically for peace in your own home and your own life. Enjoy your coffee, tea or juice slowly and be thankful for all of your blessings. 

Last but not least. Take some time away from trying to prove yourself to the world. Your accomplishments, although important, do not make you or break you. You are already significant in the eyes of God. He sent His Son to die in your place. That is what makes you significant! Not what you accomplish today. Everything that sits in front of me at this desk or on the walls could all be gone tomorrow. But no matter what calamity or my own death can rob me from being a child of a King. 

Romans 8:31-39 NLT What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32. Since He did not spare even His own Son, but gave Him up for us all, won't He also give us everything else? 33. Who dares accuse us, whom God has chosen for His own? No one,- For God himself has given us right standing with himself. 34. Who then will condemn us? No one. -For Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and He is sitting in the place of honor at God's right hand, pleading for us. 

35. Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it  mean He no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death?  36. As the Scriptures say, ("For your sake we are killed every day, we are being slaughtered like sheep.") 37. No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. 

38. I am convinced that nothing can separate us from God's love. Neither death, nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow, - not even the powers of hell, can separate us from God's love. 39. No power in the sky above or in the earth below, indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us, from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

Food to munch on this morning. You are loved. Even the silly hat my mother dressed me in can't separate me from the Love of God. 

Marty






No comments:

Post a Comment