Thursday, June 20, 2024

Sometimes Ice Is Your Friend 6/20/2024

 Good Morning,

The day ahead is starting with Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and a small breakfast of peaches and melon. It is time to write. 

Matthew 7:1-2 Judge not, that you be not judged, 2. For what judgement you judge, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 


On Friday our daughter will be having shoulder repairs done, so you know what I will be praying for. Of course I will be praying for a quick recovery and minimum pain. She and I were talking about the post operative pain and since I am a veteran of the shoulder repairs I cautioned her against letting the pain get out of control. I did say however that ice packs on my shoulder did wonders for my pain control. In this instance a cold shoulder is therapeutic. 

When it comes to relationships, a cold shoulder toward someone is a basic way of letting them know that for the immediate time or for the long haul they are not your favorite person. We snub them socially and it usually is apparent to other folks as well. 

I have been taught by experience, it is easier to forgive than to administer the cold shoulder treatment to others. Sooner or later the cold shoulder boomerangs to us and we are known as one who cannot forgive and we think that we are perfect. People decide that we are not worth the risk in friendship and we begin to get the cold shoulder. We lose out on social invitations, and find ourselves lonely just because we carry a grudge.

Learn to forgive and withhold the cold shoulder treatments from others so you don't have to experience what you practice. 

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment