Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Feeling Kind Of Small 6/4/2024

 Good Morning, 

Hotel coffee again for me as I prepare to greet this day. It is time to write. 

My wife and I continue our travels to experience several of the National Parks for a few days. After seeing and experiencing snow covered mountains in the Rocky Mountain Range it became difficult for me not to feel small and unworthy to even see the beauty held within just one of the parks. My wife Rene volunteered to help with the driving later yesterday and she asked me what was on my mind. I explained  that I was in awe of the splendor we saw up close. It made me feel small and insignificant. I have never created anything and then arranged it so that photographers flock to capture the beauty on film. 

The park was very busy and photos were being taken by the hundreds.  I realized that on one of the mountain sides was a horned sheep. As big as it would be experienced close up, it looked like a moving speck on the mountain.  That describes  just how I felt. There is non other like our God, who created everything including you and me. 

Isaiah 40:12 Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and marked off the heavens with a span, enclosed the dust of the earth in a measure and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?

Food for thought?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment