Saturday, June 22, 2024

Thankful For The Rain 6/22/2024

 Good Morning,

I have a hot cup of Door County Sunrise Roast Coffee next to me and it is time to write. 

I woke up to the sound of rain coming down on the house. It wasn't rain from a powerful storm, but it was enough to water our property. We needed the rain, and all around us, it has been raining except for our little area of the world. So the sound of the rain coming down was like good music to my ears. 

Psalm 30:12 That my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever. 


Usually on Saturdays or Sundays I reflect on the last week and find a blessing or two to be thankful for. Today that rain is the source of praise as well as many other things. But it is the rain that waters our land and keeps our flowers and vegetables growing. I am looking forward to the first tomato that will be cleaned on my shirt and eaten in the garden. I have a small camping salt and pepper shaker I use to help me enjoy my walk to the garden, and it will help me to celebrate that first tomato. I have been doing that for so many years that I can't recall just when that ritual began. A little seasoning on that tomato and I am in veggie heaven. 

In closing, I believe that all things taste better when we are thankful to the One who created gardens and blesses us with the fruit of our labors. 

Have a great day. Pick out something and to be thankful for and let God know that you appreciate the blessing. Thankfulness is fruit for the soul.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment