Sunday, February 12, 2023

Using Your Gifts 2/12/2023

 Good Morning,

A small fire is crackling in the fireplace as I write to you this morning. I just came in from outside where I could see a small stream of smoke rising from our chimney. The aroma of some maple wood on the fire gave my morning a little more gusto. I just poured myself a hot mug of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and my part of this world is filled with contentment. 

1Peter 4:9-10 Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. As each one has received a gift, minister to one another, as faithful stewards of God's grace, in its various forms. 

When it comes to possessing talents or gifts that are usable I must have been napping when God handed those out. I am pretty good though at cutting firewood and especially good at burning it. When it comes to giftedness I am always appreciative of those who have gifts and use them for the betterment of others. 

Last night I watched a small group of people jump in and make an ordinary evening at church extraordinary. We hold a fellowship for our Saturday night Service attendees almost every other month. Last night was Brinner, Breakfast For Dinner. The meal revolved around pancakes and all the fixings one could want and ham. Everyone brought something share. A small group of people took hold of the cooking and serving as well as the clean up and made the night just super. They have the gift of serving. I can't say enough good things about this band of people. 

Matthew 20:28 For even the Son of man did not come to be served, but to serve others and give His life as ransom for many.

I will say this, that they are examples of their faith and they were thanked publicly last night which is not much of a thank you. I am sure that God smiled down on them last night and hopefully granted them a good night of sleep. Whatever talent you possess can bless someone else. It would be a shame not to use it. The one small thing you can do, might just make someone else's day!

Be a blessing. 

Use your gifts.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment