Saturday, February 11, 2023

In A Georgia State Of Mind 2/11/2023

 Good Morning,

The sun is shining and it is coming through my window as I begin to write this morning. I have a large mug of Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee next to me and our two dogs are asleep on my feet. I would say that it is a great place for me to be. 

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything praise worthy, think on these things. 

Next weekend I will be attending a training conference for mission trip leadership. I am not sure if I will have time to write or not. I will have to wait and see. The conference will be held in the state of Georgia. I will be flying out and returning late a few days later. 

It just so happens that the conference is within an hour's drive of our daughter. So I plan on taking an extra day in Georgia to visit. To say the least I am looking forward to seeing her and our grandson. As I write this morning, my mind is scanning the pages of time and recalling some of my fondest memories of her. Some are funny, some are serious, and some also make me think about others who crossed her path during life. 

When she was a little girl we would take her to stay with my parents at the lake for a couple of weeks and it was game on. I remember calling up there one night at 7:30PM and she was already in bed sleeping. I thought that was strange, but my mother put it this way. Kristy makes the most of every day. Then would come the time that we had to drive to Michigan and take her home. As we would leave the door and approach the car or truck, my parents handed out hugs and goodbyes. No one made too much eye contact because there was a tear in their eyes. 

So my parents have been gone now for sometime and I will once more have to say goodbye after a quick visit. It is so funny that as I write I have a tear in my eye, because not only am I facing a nice visit, I will have to say goodbye. That is the part that is least welcome in this heart today. 

So I shared my heart with you on this Saturday morning. My point of the day is this. I have none! I just miss my kid and that's all there is to it. So I will pour another cup of coffee and enjoy a few more memories as I walk through the hallway and look at some old pictures on the wall. 

Have a great day and live to make memories. 

Marty


1 comment:

  1. Marty, so nice to have a little insight into a man we love, God bless you and Rene

    ReplyDelete