Saturday, February 25, 2023

Get R Done 2/25/2023

 Good Morning,

I have a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme  Coffee steaming next to me and it is time to write. 

A good friend of mine mentioned a phrase to me many years ago when I was frustrated with someone who had asked for advice. The reason I was frustrated was that the advice I gave was Biblical and to be honest "right on". My wise friend said to me that I should just let it rest and that advice "given and not taken" is on the one who asked for advice and refused to act. 

I still keep tabs on the guy who requested advice and help. He has just floundered and failed repeatedly. I just want to scream sometimes and say "Git R Done Boy". But yet that would show a lack of patience on my part. I found sound advice within the Bible to help me deal with people who request advice or assistance and don't move ahead. 

Proverbs 10:28 The wise of heart will receive commandments, but a babbling fool will come to ruin. 

Proverbs 14:7 Leave the presence of a fool. 

Friends, there comes a time when you must walk away from those who ask for help and never follow through on their portion of the work. They just continue to suck away your time. Focus on the one you can help and are willing to pull up their bootstraps and get serious on doing their part. 

Food for thought on this Saturday.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment