Thursday, February 9, 2023

Ear Worms A New Term For Me 2/9/2023

 Good Morning,

A little mix up with the thermostat for the furnace had me waking up to a very cold house. One readjustment and heat was on the way. I just poured a hot mug of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and I am ready to write. 

I listen to some AM radio while traveling within our state for work. Even while at home I will tune into a radio station just to listen to the banter on subjects that have a wide range of different topics. Yesterday one radio announcer was discussing the upcoming super bowl commercials and the impact they might or might not have on people. He then asked for people to call in and say what commercial or business jingle they might remember from years ago that just stuck in their head. One of those things that you heard over and over again and you can still recite. He called those commercials "Ear Worms" I found some amusement in the fact that some of the jingles people were calling in with were ones that I remembered and could still recite. I for one new the song for a bologna that has stuck in my head for years, It was for Oscar Mayer Bologna. Now there are times that I can't remember what I went out to the garage for, but yet the ear worms of advertising I can still recall. 

Back in 1981 I memorized my first Bible verse and it still rings in my ears. At this age I should have memorized many more. Imagine being able to call on God's Word by memory. I have some memorized and I can recall them when needed but not as many as I should have. Smart phones have made it easier to look up a Bible verse when needed, but there is nothing like having a verse on the tip of your tongue or in your mind that can be shared if needed by others or to keep us on the right track. 

I highly recommend that all people memorize some verses of comfort, guidance, or just plain old favorites.  My first verse memorized reminds me why I memorized it. 

Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against thee.

Think about all the useless stuff you keep in your mind and then compare it to the Words of life that are stored within that brain of yours. While reading this you probably recited a verse or two by heart or you recalled something like "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun!"

Catch a case of Ear Worms  for Bible verses. Much more productive than plop plop fizz fizz!

Marty

3 comments: