Thursday, February 23, 2023

A Breath Of Freshness 2/23/2023

 Good Morning, 

We endured an ice storm all day yesterday and it is still impacting many people yet today. I just poured a hot mug of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee and now it is time to write. 

Last weekend I met some folks who are leaving today for a short term mission trip. Listening to them while I was with them while attending a training conference, I could not but walk away impressed and refreshed. They were excited about going to serve in New Mexico. They were organized and humble. Just spending three days with them left a lasting impression on me, You could see in their eyes and emotions a great love for God and people. 

I am not part of their trip, but they need to know that their trip actually started last Friday. They impacted me in a way that I didn't know I even needed. I will be lifting them up in prayer this next week. 

1Philemon 1:4-7 I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers. for I hear about your love for all His people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brothers, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord's people. 

They will make a difference in the lives of people for now and eternity. They go with willing hearts and will be giving God 24 hours per day as they minister. They will miss their families and the comforts of home. Now they were called to go and have been obedient. Today you and I will be going somewhere and probably we will encounter folks along the way. How will you impact them? Your trip to the grocery store is a mission trip when you think about it. Be the one who sets an example of encouragement, love and joy. Refresh some hearts along the way. 

Have a wonderful day!!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment