Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Seeing Things Differently 2/8/2023

 Good Morning,

My cup was just filled with Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee, the dogs have been fed and now it is time to write. 

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind. 

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I decided to go for a drive and see what we encountered by going North for an hour or so. Lunch time approached and I offered a couple of suggestions to her. One of the suggestions was for us to stop at a small cheese/deli type shop. They make the best sandwiches. The one thing being, is that at this time of the year you basically get your sandwich to go and eat it in your vehicle. Their outdoor seating is not available during the winter.  I gave her another choice and it was to have lunch in a small diner. 

She chose to go to the cheese shop. ( She said she knew I was leaning heavily that way) . I started imagining the sandwich I would have and some of the cheese sticks we would purchase. Lunch was great and we listened to the radio while eating in the truck. 

On the way home I asked her what she thought about lunch and her reply was not about the food. "I liked the sandwich. But most of all I liked seeing the look in your eyes while being in the shop. You were sharing part of your world with me." I tend to find these little obscure places to go to and I enjoy a good mom and pop atmosphere.

What I saw was a road trip and a great lunch. On the other hand Rene's view of the day was different. It was time spent together and she felt special by me sharing another one of my great finds with her. Her whole view of the day was that we spent time together. 

Now I can be foolish at least 15 different ways on any given day. But to not take note of the fact that she just likes spending time together would be foolish beyond foolish. During our day I did not see things through her eyes. But through her I learned a lesson.  

My thought for today is that we need to try and see things through the eyes of our spouses, and other family members. It made that little trip all that much better as I replay it in my mind this morning.

It takes some time to stop and see thing differently, but it never hurts to be on the same page with the ones you love.  But recall this. Note. Rene chose the spot that I was leaning toward. She saw lunch through my eyes.

Just a thought!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment