Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Stalled In The Fast Lane 1/31/2023

 Good Morning,

It is Tuesday and I need to apologize for not writing on Monday. Some personal issues kept me from writing. You will need to trust me when I say that time constrictions were super tough and I needed to make some adjustments.  I just poured a hot cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee and now it is time to write. 


Photo Credit University Church Of Chicago

My last two days had me going in multiple directions and trying to meet some expectations I set for myself and I found that I just wasn't up to the task. For me, the last couple of days felt like I was traveling on the freeway in the fast lane and I stalled out. Once I stalled out it was hard to get moving again and then make sure I was headed in the right direction. If your car has ever stalled for you on a busy road, you know what I mean. Instead of a car it was a man with good intentions who chewed off a little more than I should have. I found myself trying to pay attention to the spinning plates and keep them in the air. At first it was easy to juggle the life events but then as I added more to the juggling act I stalled out and the plates began to drop.

1Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace.

So my advice for all of you is to keep a task list and share it with someone and when that someone questions the list as to how many items are on it, LISTEN and begin to trim wherever you can. My wife warned me that sooner or later I would stall out and that I should slow down, Those who know you best should be listened to.

Keep the faith!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment