Monday, January 16, 2023

Do You Have An Ism? 1/16/2023

 Good Morning,

I am enjoying a hot cup of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee as I write today. It is a good way to greet Monday for sure!

Titus 2;7 Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works. and in your teaching integrity and dignity.


I was meeting with a young couple yesterday and I asked the young lady if she had any isms. She looked at me me in a puzzled way and I went on to explain what I was seeking. An ism is something that makes you unique and usually something you do or say. For instance a Martyism would be my coffee drinking habit or ritual. I brew my coffee and pour it into a preheated mug. I then place the mug in a microwave and warm it up for an additional 19 seconds. Not 20 seconds nor 18 seconds. 20 seconds and the coffee is too hot and at 18 seconds not hot enough. When eating from a plate and if there is more than one item on the plate I almost always eat one item until it is gone and then move on to the next one. I am not sure if everyone has an ism but I know I have two of them. 

You could say I am crazy or just plain weird, but those small habits are mine and make me different from others. What I do, harms no one. It only impacts me. It is harmless and just makes me different from others. 

No two people are exactly alike and we are all different. Sometimes we will all see things a different way. We can accept people for just being people and know that their views may never match ours. That idea is called respect. Let's start this week by adding respect to all of our views, opinions and attitudes.  Let's be more ready to accept an ism as being part of the wonderful being God created. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment