Monday, January 23, 2023

Time, Time And Time Again. 1/23/23

 Good Morning,

I am waiting for the Door County Cherry Creme Coffee to kick in and start warming me up this fine January morning. 

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked, for whatever one sows that he will also reap. 

Luke 6:31 And as you wish that others would do unto you, do so to them. 


If you have been reading this blog for any time at all you can probably figure out that I like to cook. And it isn't hard to figure out that in our marriage I do about 95% of the cooking and 2% of the baking, What has always amazed me in a good way is the fact that my wife Rene will always thank me for making the meal right after she puts her spoon or fork down. We have been married for over 1000 years and she hasn't missed one thank you except for when she was hospitalized some years ago. 

I always tell her that it is no big deal and I am happy to do it. But she replies "I know how much work you put into it. So I want you to know that it is appreciated." 

I can tell you this, her thank you means the world to me. Rene also never complains if the meal is sub par or needed to be done in a hurry due to my calendar overload . There have been times when a fried egg sandwich and an apple was it. She still says thank you. Now I have learned that if she starts asking questions as to the ingredients of the meal or a side dish, it is her way of saying that she really did not like it. Yet she still says thank you. The worst it ever gets is when I say "what did you think about that dish" and I receive a reply like this. " No need to make this one again very soon." She communicates her thoughts without hurting my feelings. 

Rene also likes to mow the lawn but very often she misses some spots and I always thank her for doing the lawn work, but she wonders why I always run the tractor anyway. So I am not lying, I check the oil and tell her it is best to check the oil with the engine hot. 

So today the challenge to all of us is to be considerate and put others feelings first over ours.  Think about it. You reap what you sow. 

Have a great day and by the way! Thank you for reading my blog!

Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment