Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Cover Them With Your Prayers 1/17/2023

 Good Morning, 

It is a great day when you wake up to a hot cup of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee and head straight to prayer.

Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. 

I met with a young couple last week as they prepare to get married next fall. I will be officiating for their wedding and I am honored to do so.  I know quite a few young couples and my wife and I consider them to be good friends of ours. One couple will be bringing a new baby into this world real soon. As my wife and I hope to finish life strong we can't help but be glad that we do not face the pressures on young couples like there is now. We made our mistakes and we had some victories along our 1002 years of marriage. 

So now and then a young man or woman will seek us out for some advice or wisdom. We pass on what we have learned and what was easy and what was painful. Whether the advice sinks in or is even heard is not important. What is important for all of us to remember is to pray for these younger ones and pray often. As the world has made work and chores a lot easier with new inventions, it also offers quick solutions to life's problems. The world offers divorce, and other items of quick escapes like suicide or murder. We need to keep our door and phone open to those who are struggling and also spend some time on our knees in prayer support for them. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment