Sunday, January 15, 2023

Sunday, Make It Special 1/15?2023

 Good Morning, 

My mug was just filled with Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and I cam see steam rising from it. I know now that it is time to write. 

This is the day the Lord has made for us. I recall back when my siblings and I would look forward to Sundays as kids. Sundays were a day when Mom or Dad would make a dinner that was just a little more special. If at all possible, if you were able, you made it to the family table. Summers would find the meat grilled and in the winter we had more Italian food or Mom's pot roast. Dad could giver her a good run for her money in the roast arena. This of course was all done after the family went to church together. Many times our dessert was a donut purchased at church. The men at church made donuts for sale on Sundays. I can still smell them in my mind. 

Exodus 20:8,11 Remember the Sabbath day, keep it holy. 11Fir in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and on the seventh day He rested. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and made it holy. 

Sundays were special back then. They were special because they were observed that way. I think that is one tradition that should remain. After all, God made Sundays to be just that. Special!

Food for thought. I added a recipe to the bottom of the blog today! Enjoy

Marty

Mom's Beef Roast

Ingredients 

  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 cup cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tablespoon mixed pickling spices
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 beef eye round roast (3 pounds)
  • 12 to 14 sandwich rolls, split
  • Lettuce, tomato and onion, optio

Directions

  1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients; add roast. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Remove the roast and cool completely.
  2. Meanwhile, skim fat and strain cooking juices. Discard bay leaf. Thinly slice the beef. Serve on rolls with warmed juices and lettuce, tomato and onion if desired.


2 comments:

  1. I only count 7 of 10 ingredients?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same issue until I turned my phone to a horizontal position. Hope this helps.

      Delete