Thursday, January 12, 2023

Walking On Water 1/12/2023

 Good Morning,

I am awake and ready to go. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Vanilla Cream Brulee  Coffee and I am taking the day on with Gusto. 

My thoughts and my studies took me to the Bible passage on how Peter walked on water.

Matthew 14:22-33 Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23. After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountain side by himself to pray. Later that night he was there alone, 24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it. 

25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the water. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said and cried out in fear. 27. But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid!" 28. "Lord if it is you,: Peter replied. "tell me to come to you on the water." 29. "Come," he said. Then Peter go down out of the boat , walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord save me!" 31. Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith." he said. "why did you doubt?'

There are many sermons and messages found within this passage. One could focus on Peter's lack of faith and failure to keep his eyes on Jesus. Or Peter was too bold. Or the fact that Jesus needed time alone to pray. 

I want to focus on those in the boat other than Peter. They stayed in the boat, They did not follow Peter or walk out to be with Jesus. They were probably paralyzed with fear. They were building up the boat with the boards of excuses. These excuses became sides to the boat that did not let them leave the boat. They did not walk on water. Peter did, even if it were a few seconds, he walked on water. I do enough duck hunting to know that if I want to get to my honey hole in the Horicon Marsh in a boat I have to leave the shore. 

Too many calls from God go unanswered because people might have to leave some comforts and assurances behind. Even if you fail, but answer the call, for a few moments, days, weeks or months you walked with Jesus. You the ordinary, became extraordinary and may have had an impact on eternity. 

God is still in the business of walking on water, He is out in the storms of life and could be calling your name. He might desire to use you. Are you sitting in the boat or ready to walk on water?

Marty


2 comments:

  1. Great words, my friend. One of my favorite topics. That sure is the problem with probably more than half the World. Everybody wants to stay and control their own little comfort zone. You can't Grow in life without taking any chances and being bold. God bless.

    ReplyDelete