Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Washing Your Mouth Out With Soap 1/3/2023

Good Morning,

I am up early to run and errand and I am enjoying a hot mug of Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee as I prepare to meet the day. 

Proverbs 4:24 Put away devious talk from you.. Put away evil.

I remember the days of old when as a child I would be threatened with getting my mouth washed out with soap for speaking with foul language . My mother carried through with that threat twice and the lesson was learned when I was spitting bubbles and sand. My mom used a bar of Lava soap not only to clean my mouth but to rub my tongue raw. It still is one of my favorite soaps for cleaning dirty hands. 

I am not sure that people are aware that their speech is a direct window to what is in their heart. What spews forth from mouths is verbalizing wickedness of the heart and debauchery within the mind. Often the hatred of the heart is spilled out of the mouth.

If this is you and others around you will attest to your behavior, I can only advise one thing and that is to listen to yourself and then decide if you really are a child of God or not.  A mouth can be totally condemning and there is little or no visible fruit of a life that fears God. More than likely you once were a reprobate and still are. "If you is where you was, you ain't." 

Today is a day for a good mouth cleanup. But please remember to start with the out houses of the heart first.  Food For thought.
Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment