Saturday, January 21, 2023

Listen To Yourself 1/21/2023

 Good Morning. 

I am starting late today with writing to all of you. I had a busy morning already and then I also had some selfish time to myself. The smoker is loaded with rubbed pork shoulder. I rubbed the meat down with my favorite rub  and I then took my Cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee outside with me on the patio and drank it down while contemplating many things. It was cold outside for sure, but it wasn't raining or snowing. Our dogs were happy to be running around chasing small birds and I was content with having some time to myself in peaceful solitude. 

1 Peter 3:10 Form he who would love life and see goof days, let him refrain is tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit.


Yesterday I encountered a lot of people. This seemed strange since I wasn't working. I met people of all ages. gender, race and age. It was just so happened that these people were in my path for the day. A few of them left me with a thought or two as to if they ever listened to themselves while talking. I was in a grocery store and this man and wife were shopping together and speaking to one another. They were talking loud enough that they could be heard from ten feet away. Every other word out of there mouth as some sort of foul language. One young lady with two children heard them and turned around with her kids and walked away shaking her head. 

I then went to the emporium of building and hardware materials. When I was standing in line to pay for my goods a lady was accompanied by a boy about twelve years old and they were checking out ahead of me. I thought it was strange that the boy wasn't in school but I thought it was none of my business. The lady was talking to the boy  and telling him what a poor excuse for a man his father was and she had all kinds of names for her husband, boy friend or ex husband. The boy was not answering and had his head down. She just kept saying things like "your father" that "###### #### dad of yours. I don't know the cause of her disdain but she seemed to be blaming the boy for his choice in dads, not her choice in husbands. 

Later I listened to a young man who thought it was ok to sass his mother in front of me. What he mumbled to her was just not right. 

So before I tell you about the others I encountered during my day. I want to ask a question. Wouldn't it be be nice if your whole day could be recorded and then played back to you. Then we could listen to the garbage that comes out of our mouths. Then my question would be this. Would we be embarrassed by what we heard? Now add to that the thought of this. Many people might have had to listen to you and your mouth of swill. 

My thought for today is this, think before you speak. Listen now and then to yourself and gauge the impact your mouth has on society and those within your circle of influence.

Just maybe the verbal pollution would be less. I sat outside this morning, and I did not speak and I did not have to listen to anyone. It really was peaceful!

Marty






No comments:

Post a Comment