Sunday, January 1, 2023

2023 Has Arrived And I Will Celebrate With A Friend.

 Good Morning,

In a few minutes I will be leaving for my annual pheasant hunt with my two nephews. My cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee is at my side and it is time to write. 

Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.

I welcome the start of the new year and for me I always overload the good intentions on to the calendar and at the end of the year I disappoint myself by not meeting all the intended things I hoped to do or accomplish. But not today!!! No, I did not obtain the intended results I wrote down on 1/1/2022. But I had a few prayer requests laid out in 2021 for 2022 and one huge one received a yes answer from God.


I have a good friend who through some really bad circumstances had to have his leg amputated. My first prayer for a couple of years was for his leg to be saved. I was able to go fishing with him a little over a year ago and as I watched him struggle in pain, my prayers became more intense. The leg worsened and I don't want to think about what would have happened had they not removed his leg and then also had to go back and remove more of his leg. 

I received a text message yesterday that was not good news, but great news. My friend has healed enough to be fitted with a prostheses. He sent a picture of himself walking with the use of a walker. Yet you could sense the joy of becoming mobile again in his text message. My friend was on many a prayer list and today I celebrate this good news with him. I used to hunt and fish with this fella almost every weekend when we were younger. Work duties put a lot of miles between us. But to this day I don't pick up a shot gun and sling it on my shoulder without remembering some of those hunts. Today will be no different . Once that gun is loaded and I step into the field, I will look up and wink toward God and thank Him for saving my friend. We will for sure fish again and just maybe sit in a duck blind or boat again some day. I know this for sure. I am celebrating today and it feels good.

Marty!









No comments:

Post a Comment