Friday, January 27, 2023

Favorite Hymns In The Garden 1/27/2023

 Good Morning,

I am approaching this Friday with gusto. I am enjoying a hot cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee and looking forward to a fish fry with a family member tonight. 

John 10:27-28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of My hand.

At our church service on Saturday nights the music format is primarily the old hymns. I do most of the preaching and the service is very informal and could be called laid back. We spend some time each week letting those folks in the pews share what God has done in their lives during the last week. 

I like it and it suits my wife and I very well. Now and then we sing one of my favorite hymns. I have fallen to sleep many times with my head phones on listening to "In The Garden". I really prefer listening to the Elvis Presley version of the song. This song hits home with me every time. 

In my early months of Christianity the line "I come to the garden alone" was very special to me. In the early years I did feel alone quite often. Yet in my darkest times and while praying, the voice I heard in my mind, heart and soul was that of Jesus. He walked me through those times and assured me that He would never leave me. There were moments of tears and great joy while listening to this song. 

I wanted to express today just how at times,when you might think the writer of this morning dribble might have it all together, I don't.  Life hits me hard just as it hits all of you from time to time. I can always tell when I need to run and hide in the garden of God and let Him reassure me that He is with me and He is willing to talk and walk. 

Time spent in listening to God and absorbing His reassurances are never a waste of time. It actually feels good. "The joy we share as we tarry there none other has ever known" .

Have a great day, Slow down and and let Him walk with you and talk with you.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment