Thursday, January 19, 2023

When The Price Tag Overwhelms The Joy 1/19/2023

 Good Morning,

A hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee is keeping me company this morning and now it is time to write. 

John 16:22 So with you, now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. 

I have made some purchases in the past that were wanted or needed and in some instances the price I paid overwhelmed the joy I was supposed to find in making the purchase. I will give an example. A new vehicle is usually an exciting purchase until the first scratch is found in the body or bumper. I for one just realized I paid a large sum of money for a target that people bang with their car doors. The joy is gone. I sometimes believe I should only buy vehicles that are on their death bed. 

One thing I that I will never question though is the price that was paid for our sins. The joy of knowing that Jesus paid the price for us will never end. Yet I am humbled that He needed to do that for a louse like me. The joy of knowing His love for us is not overshadowed by the price. The price however stimulates the thankfulness for such a sacrifice. Our cup should overflow with joy and thankfulness with a side plate of humility.

Food for thought.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment