Sunday, January 22, 2023

Matching Bookends 1/22/2023

 Good Morning,

I will be heading out soon to do some hunting today. I will be meeting one of my nephews and others to chase some pheasants and hopefully bring some home to eat. I have peanut butter and jelly in the cupboard if we do not get anything. I will fill my travel mug with Door County Vanilla Cream Brulee Coffee and it should have the all the makings for a fun morning. 

Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, a brother is born for adversity.

At my desk I have some of my favorite books and reference guides for my work at church. Keeping them from flopping one way or the other are a set of matching bookends. They are brass and very sturdy. The two bookends do a good job of supporting the shelf of books and are a cherished gift from a long time friend. 



My thought for today is that we all should be a bookend to someone. We should be there in support of those God brings to our paths in life who just might need some support or a hand to pull them up when life pushes them over. A bookend in the life of another person needs to be one who can't be moved or swayed away from doing what is right . A good book end in life will tell you what you need to hear, not what you just want to hear. They will steer you and push you to Godly standards. 

I am glad to say that over the years I have had some pretty great bookends in my life and I miss them now that they are gone. 

Have a great day. Food for thought. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment