Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Turns Mourning Into Dancing 10/11/2022

 Good Morning,

A hot cup of Door County Sunrise Blend Coffee is sitting next to me and it is causing me to want a second cup to be taken along in the truck this morning. 

There are times when it seems that only misfortune can find you and hope seems to have headed South for the winter. I was talking with someone last week and I was trying to console them after the loss of a loved one. They reminded me that their family member was really suffering toward the end of her life. My friend told me that she was rejoicing that her loved one was no longer in pain and due to her faith in Christ Jesus she knew her mother was in paradise spending time with God. But here is what really struck me hard. " I miss my mom and I had her in my life for 87 years. I can't imagine what those 87 years would have been like without her. I am blessed". 

Friends, only God can place enough love in someone's heart to see things that way. She was not bitter at all and in fact she was smiling from ear to ear. 

Psalm 30:11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing. You have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,

My hope for you today is that you can follow your faith during times of pain and sorrow and let God turn it into joy. I hope you dance.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment