Monday, October 24, 2022

Tear Collection. 10/24/2022

 Good Morning,

Wow! I am just a little sore from trimming trees yesterday. My chain saw went haywire and I trimmed by hand. I swear this hot cup of Door County Sunrise Roast Coffee Is more for medicinal purposes than for waking me up. 

I forgot what it was like to use a hand trimmer saw and push and pull the saw until a limb came off of the tree. When I was done with the work on one tree I had a pretty good pile of branches that will be picked up by the city next week. 

Photo credit. 

DailyVerses.net

The work was tedious and boring. But it was a great time to lift up others in prayer. I have several friends who are very ill. One is in hospice care while others fight cancer and covid. I also prayed for a family who's daughter just passed away. One of my friends is going through a bad and difficult break up. During my conversations with some earlier in the day, they began to cry and explained their feelings of being alone and abandoned. 

I did my best and prayed with each one. I assured them that God is present through their suffering and knows they are crying. I assured them that they are really never alone. God's only Son knew the feeling they are experiencing Himself while dying on the cross because of His love for us and for God the Father.

If this finds you alone and somewhat beaten down, memorize these verses. 

Psalm 56:8 You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book,

Isaiah 49:16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands. Your walls are continually before me. 

Take on this day and know you are loved and you have been prayed for.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment